The Nuevos Horizontes refuge (4,700 m / 15,416 ft).
The Nuevos Horizontes refuge is located at 4,700 m (15,416 ft) at the norther flanks of Illiniza Sur. It is considered the smallest high altitude refuge in the Ecuadorian Andes. Strategically built right on the saddle between Illiniza Sur and Illiniza Norte, it is the best option for those who want to push for the 6th and 8th Ecuadorian highest summits respectively, as well as for acclimatization purposes.
The refuge is being renovated by the new administration staff (Fernando Iza 09813333483 ). Bunk beds, mattresses, table, kitchenware and even toiletes have been replaced for new ones. Projects of extending the refuge facilities are being considered.
- Foreigners: USD. 15.00.
- Ecuadorians and residents: USD. 8.00
- Meals can be purchase at the refuge for USD. 7.50 each.
1 Package Accommodation + Food USD 30
Refugio Nuevos Horizontes fee:
- One Horses with 2 backpacks luggage of 10 kilos $ 20
- Lunch box $ 6,50
- Tour 2 hours HORSES BACK RIDING $ 25
- Full Day Tour HORSES BACK RIDING $ 35
- Lunch in High Andes Coffee (chaupi) $ 3 , 5
- Guide to climb North Iliniza one day $ 80
- One guide for two days Climb north Iliniza USD 60 each day
- One guide for two days Climb South Iliniza USD 75 each day